I plan to write up my own series of "resource kit" posts on issues I really care about. I am not better informed and certainly not a better writer than you will encounter in the extensive top tier of blogs that have been calling bullsh*t on Bush/Cheney/Rove for years. My own reading barely gets to my personal top 10: myDD, TPM, Atrios, Daily Kos, Pandagon, Shakespeare's Sister, FireDogLake, Agonist, Scienceblogs. If you read here, you may already be reading those: tell a friend who has not discovered the reality-based alternative to the money+media machine politics. The flag ship blogs are already outflanking the MSM and their "all the news that fits our owners and advertiser's mindset" product.
Why would I do such a superfluous thing? Surely there will be many well crafted bulleted lists of what to say , what facts to cite, which names to name. Surely. But I want my own lists and I want to be fluent in the background.
Before you moan to yourself that you don't need yet another amateur op-ed liberal bleating to other liberals, consider what ice berg must lie before the titanically funded Republican campaign if the hundred or 50 blogroll links found on the side column of most liberal blogs are just the tip. The significance of the thousands like me is that there is an iceberg ahead for government by stupidity, of stupidity for cupidity. I will spot light a few of my favorites among these blueblogging masses with each of my "issues" posts. I will list the best go-to blogs I know of on particular issues as I deal with each issue. As issue-specific bundles, with a set of links on the template to keep them handily collected, they may come in handy. I mean to stick to a format:
- link to news, and other's opinion pieces that have informed my views.
- list of expert sources
- list of worthy amateur political commenters: we are so very many, I tell you.
- what I see as the basic mistake [if any] in current policy
- what policy I would personally like to see
- what heads should roll , who currently is saying the smartest things, my favorite candidate.
- optionally, what the issue's effect is on me or my family, something narrative perhaps.
- I will revise these posts if anyone enlarges my understanding of the issue and I will rank them based on hits+comment count.
Yee Haaw! We're about to find out just how dangerous lame-brained + lame duck really is!